January 27, 2011

Thankful Thursday



We have made it through to another Thankful Thursday.  This month it is hosted by Lynn from Spiritually Unequal Marriage.  Hop on over to link up and share what you are thankful for this week.  Don't be afraid to share it with me too in the comment section!

Have you ever wanted to be like someone else?  Everyone has.  There is always that one feature from someone else that you wish you had.  I was always happy with myself.  The only things I wanted that others had was nice smooth clear skin. 

As a teen I was plagued by pimples and horrible skin.  My face was the typical teenager face.  I didn't think so though.  Everyone around me seemed to be immune to acne.  Now that I'm well past that stage in life, I can look back and see that I wasn't the only one.  I was one of the worst though. 

I also wanted the spunk and bravery some of the others had.  I was a shy sweet soul.  I didn't volunteer for much and didn't excel in the social department.  I was never the outcast, just the sweet girl you could overlook or include when you thought about it. 

Now that I'm an adult a lot of that has changed.  I no longer have bad skin, even though I do have some scars.  I am a sweet soul, but have learned not to be so shy.  Life has taught me to stand up and say what I want or need.  If I want something I have to get up and get it, or someone else will.

In all of this I have realized that I am different.  God made me this way.  He gave me all the tools to be the person He wanted me to be.  All I had to do was use them.  I am thankful for my individuality!  I am thankful I was made the way I am.  Life has taught me a lot.  No longer do I wish for the skin of someone else or the spunk and bravery of others.  I have what I need and can proudly be the person The Lord made me to be.  With the skin and soul God gave me I have attracted a husband and have a son.  My family loves me for me and I am the happiest I have ever been.  God is good.  He will always want me to be happy and has made me in His image.

2 comments:

  1. Amen! God made us all unique - we should all proudly be who God made us to be.

    ReplyDelete
  2. We're as different as the many styles of shoes, yet Jesus chooses to slip his feet into our shoes and connect with each of us in the way we can relate! Just keep in step with Him, He knows the plans he has for us!! What an Awesome God we serve!!
    Happy TT.
    Julie

    ReplyDelete