April 19, 2011
Just a little up date on my blog status. I am still struggling with my computer getting fixed. I do check in on Hubby's phone and see all the emails I get, but can't do anything on my blog.
Sorry for the lack of posts, but hopefully later today my computer will be fixed. Don't hold your breath though. I have more giveaways coming up and one still going on, so don't miss out! I have so much to share about too!
I hope to be up and running again soon, but until then I hope you are all having better luck than I am!
Posted by Joshlin at 9:49 AM
April 14, 2011
I have another great review and giveaway for you ! Are you ready? Here it is!!!!
Onlybandanas.com has offered my readers a great giveaway! But first, I go to do a review. Yea Me!!!
It came at the perfect time too! We just got Hubby a Volkswagen Beetle with a convertible top. My hair is just a mess when I ride with him. I normally make him keep the top up, but with my new bandanas I don't have the messy hair problem.
I got to choose some bandanas to review and here are the ones I got!
This one is the White Narow Paisley Headband Bandana. I just love it because it is so easy to use. It is a headband for goodness sakes. How much easier could that be. They come in a lot of colors, but I chose white because it would go with anything.
I also got this one!
Its called the Wavy Bandana. I just couldn't resist the pattern and colors. It is 100% Cotton and 22 inches Square. Made in the U.S.A. I love it. I can see this as being used a good bit. I can fold it different ways and it's big enough to cover almost all my hair when I need it to. They also have solid bandanas as well as Tit Dye Bandanna, and Flag Bandanas.
Onlybandanas.com has offered one of my readers a free $15 e-card for their site!
Visit http://www.onlybandanas.com/ and let me know which item you would love to have. You MUST put your email in each comment or I can not get in touch with you if you win!
1. Follow my blog through Google Friend Connect (5 extra entries)!
2. Follow me on Twitter (3 extra entries)!
3. Tweet the following once a day for 1 extra entry!
RT #WIN a $15 Gift Card to onlybandanas.com #giveaway from @savingmomsanity at http://tiny.cc/glpab
4. Join their Google Friend Connect: http://www.onlybandanas.com/blog
Go to Click "Join This Site" in the Google Friend Connect box
5. Subscribe to them on Stumble Upon http://www.stumbleupon.com/stumbler/onlybandanas
6. Follow them on twitter: Click http://twitter.com/onlybandanas
7. Subscribe to their Blog feed http://feeds.feedburner.com/onlybandanascom
8. Fan them on Facebook http://www.facebook.com/bandannas
9. Subscribe to them on You Tube http://www.youtube.com/onlybandanas
Giveaway will end 4/28 at 11:59 pm. The winner will have 48 hours to get back in touch with me after the winning email has been sent or another winner will be chosen. I do check to see if all the rules are followed! If any rule is not followed you may be disqualified. I was given the above mentioned bandanas to review! Good Luck everyone!
April 13, 2011
I'm sorry for all the lack of posts! As most of you know, my computer has been acting crazy for some time. Well, a few days ago it decided to stop working. I currently have someone working on it, but am in the process of dealing with HP about getting a recovery disk. They act like they don't want to sell me one. I guess I have to argue with them for more than two days.
I am being a good girl though. I have not shown them the rage a red head can bring yet. I am waiting for a call from the manager in 48 hours. We shall see what happens.
For now I am checking my email on Hubby's slow phone that is no longer made. It works, but only when it wants to get on the Internet. Some days it just doesn't feel up to it. Today I am on a computer at the local library.
I will be having some great reviews and giveaways coming up though, so stay on the look out for that! I hope to have everything corrected with my home computer soon!
Posted by Joshlin at 1:08 PM
April 8, 2011
Fill-In-Friday is hosted by Hilary at Feeling Beachie. Her Co-Host this week is Kipp from Kipp's Version.
This week’s statements:
1. My favorite kitchen secret is___________
2. _____is my favorite flavor of ice cream
3. My favorite pair of ______ finally wore out.
4. If I could just have one more ______.
1. My favorite kitchen secret is to pre-package all my food myself. I buy in bulk and re-package it. I may buy 5 lbs of ground meat and put them in quart bags holding one pound each. I do this with all the meat I buy. I cut up onions and other vegetables I know I will use this week and freeze them too. When I need them it is much faster to grab the bag of frozen pre-cut ones than to take the time of cutting them right then.
2. Chocolate is my favorite flavor of ice cream! I love any kind of ice cream that has chocolate in it!
3. My favorite pair of flip flops finally wore out. I have a thing about my feet being dirty, so I have inside and outside shoes. Inside I wear a soft pair of flip flops. I wore them all year last year and this year I had to replace them. New ones are ok, but they just aren't the same as a broke in pair!
4. If I could just have one more metabolism. Boy wouldn't that be great! I wouldn't have to worry about my weight. I only need one more! Skinny here I come!!!
April 7, 2011
This month Thankful Thursday is hosted by Lynn at Spiritually Unequal Marriage. Hop on over and link up your Thankful Thursday post!
Today I am thankful for my days being so busy. If you have been reading along, you saw the post I did a few days ago about not having enough time in the day and how I didn't know if having more time added to the day was a good thing or not.
Well, I have realized since then that my day being so busy has been a blessing. I may not have time to do everything that I want to in one day, but I never have a moment to just twiddle my thumbs and be bored. I get things done and sleep better at night (since I'm so worn out). I have a feeling of accomplishment at the end of the day when I think back on all I did. I try not to think about what I didn't finish and instead try to mentally add those things to my to do list for the next day.
I am thankful for the things that keep me busy as well. I have a loving family that keeps me busy. I run around cooking and cleaning, taking care of scrapes and bumps, clip coupons and find good deals, make sure the dog is staying in the yard and not running after the cat next door, cutting the yard, and so much more. I do all these things because I have a family to take care of. This is my greatest blessing! I pray The Lord always gives me family to take care of and keep me busy!
April 6, 2011
I am a big book reader, and would love to have my very own e-reader. The only factor stoping me is the price!
Those things run $139 and up! I don't have that much money lying around (or in my bank acount for that matter). But I do love a good deal. This is a deal I haven't seen anywhere else and don't expect to see anytime soon again.
eBay has the Nook that is being sold from Barnes and Noble for $79.00! FREE SHIPING!!!! What a great deal. They are selling Certified Pr-Owned Nooks with Wi-Fi. They Look and work just like new. They have been rigorously inspected and tested and come with a one year limited warranty. In my book that is a good deal. Espeically since the seller isn't just some Joe off the street you don't know. Barns and Noble is the seller. It comes strait from them! Hurry, the deal ends in 5 more days or when supplies run out. They have sold over 4,000 already!!! Me? I'm holding out for a Kindle!
Posted by Joshlin at 8:06 PM
April 5, 2011
Have you ever wished you had more time to get everything done? I have been thinking that a lot lately. I have so much to do and not enough time to do it all in. But, then I started thinking that if I had more time in a day that would add more to my to-do-list each day!
I would like to fill that extra time with sleep, but I know that's not going to happen. More time in a day would mean more work. Maybee I should be wishing for less time in a day. I wonder how that would work? But, then there would be less family time and less sleepy time. Those are two of the best times I would be missing out on.
What do you think? Do you wish for more time in your day or less time? I guess I like it just how it is right now. Although time does pass way too fast when birhtdays seam to sneak up on you! LOL!
Posted by Joshlin at 12:50 PM
April 2, 2011
Here are some of the great giveaways I have run into and entered! I'm hopeing for a win!!! Are you entering?
Getting all my Ducks in a row is giving away a free product coupon for Purex Complete Crystal Softener to (3) winners -Ends 4/03
Sweeps4Bloggers is giving away your choice of shirt from Izzi Pop Culture to (2) winners-Ends 4/13
Sweeps4Bloggers is giving away a monogrammed cutting board and monogrammed couaters from Flourish Gifts-Ends 4/4
Kiddies Corner Deals is giving away an Easter item of choice up to a $30 value from http://www.swisscolony.com/ -Ends 4/5
Kiddies Corner Deals is giving away a Packit Freezeable Lunch Bag Cooler of your choice from http://www.packitcool.com/ Ends 4/8
At The Fence is giving away a $10 Gift Card to Half Price Books-Ends 4/14
At The Fence is giving away a Cafe Press Golf Tee of your choice-Ends 4/6
Sweeptight is giving away a Kakadu Pet Cot & All Season Mat in your choice of size (up to $138 value)-Ends 4/13
Shining 2 Save is giving away a $100 Gift Card To GNC-Ends 4/12
Shining 2 Save is giving away $40 Gift Chertificat to Movie Theater of Choice-Ends 4/15
April 1, 2011
The host for Fill-In-Friday is Hilary from Feeling Beachie and this weeks co-host is Jen from Makobi Scribe.
This week’s statements:
1. If I don’t _____ in the morning, my day feels off
2. When someone walks into my house for the first time, they usually comment on _____
3. Every time I see the movie, ______, I cry.
4. My feet feel best when ______
1. If I don’t put on my contacts in the morning, my day feels off. I can't stand to wear my glasses all day. They aren't as good as my contacts and sometimes make me feel bad.
2. When someone walks into my house for the first time, they usually comment on my counter. I have a glass counter that I bought from a gift shop that went out of business. We cut it to fit it where I wanted it and put family pictures on the glass shelves inside one end and all our wedding mementos on the shelves at the other end. It is very nice.
(Sorry! It's a little cluttered!)
3. Every time I see the movie, well I don't really watch movies that much but when I read a good book , I cry. I do cry for commercials though. I am an emotional person!
4. My feet feel best when my toes are painted and I have on flip flops!