July 6, 2011

My New Curtain

  



How do you like them?

For a few years now I have been looking for the perfect curtains to go with my laundry room.  My laundry room is far from fancy and is cluttered as all get out, but the main colors in it are black and white.  I have a black and white floor with white walls. 


The only bit of color in there is the dryer.  It is harvest gold!  I know its old enough to be an antique, but it's still rocking and rolling.  It is a Whirlpool after all.

I got the idea to make my own curtain a long time ago, but I never know what I wanted them to look like.  One day I pulled out an old lacy curtain I had been saving for some unforeseen reason.  I had lost the match to it long ago.  When I pulled it out and looked at it for the first time in about a year or so is when inspiration struck. 

I had to get a trim and I would have the perfect curtain for my laundry room.  I found the ribbon and just knew it would be perfect.



The lace curtain I redesigned was free and the curtain rod and ribbon was about $4.00.  So, I have to say I love the way it turned out and am beyond proud of my curtain and my budget!

0 comments:

Post a Comment