July 22, 2011

What??? A Breastfeeding Doll You Say!!!



Have you herd of this breastfeeding doll?  My local news put up a link to it on facebook and I just had to know if anyone else has seen this. 

I mean really...I have seen the barbie that is a mommy and the baby doll that you feed and she poops, but this is just crazy! 

I support breastfeeding moms all over the world.  I was one to at one time, but this just doesn't sit well with me.  I don't think a little girl should have a doll that breastfeeds off of her!!!!

This doll comes with a halter top that has two flower petals where the child's nipples would be.  When the doll is close to the flower petals it starts to simulate the act of breastfeeding.

This doll is expected to hit U.S. stores soon.  It has already become a hit in Europe.  This doll is made in Spain by Berjuan Toys and cost about $90.

I don't think this helps to support moms who breastfeed.  Instead I see a more negative response to breastfeeding.  For as long as people have been on the earth women have been breastfeeding their children.  What makes this toy manufacture think that this doll will help our young girls make the decision to breastfeed their children one day? 

I am so happy I don't have a little girl who will be exposed to this toy, but at the same time I wonder if the commercials for it will effect all children, boys or girls.  What's next?  That is what I'm most afraid of!

What do you think about this doll?  Will you get one for your little girl or will you band it form your home too?

1 comment:

  1. This will not be something that I will purchase, even though I breast fed all 4 of my babies. Just to out there for me.

    ReplyDelete