July 20, 2011

A New Season




Have you ever seen the seasons in your life change before your eyes and knew they where coming?

The season I'm in now is about to drastically change.  I have become comfortable with this season.  I have come to love it even.  It is hard and time seems to rush on by with no intent to slow down.  I'm talking about the season of my life with a toddler. 

So far, this has been one, if not the best season of my life.  I love having Will as a toddler.  He was discovering new things every day.  He was happy and healthy.  He loves the world and the world loves him.  He is still young enough to hug and kiss, hold in my arms, and sit on my lap.  He still thinks the world is great and every person in it is good.  I see the world through his eyes and look around with wonder.

The season is soon to change though.  This year he will be starting school.  Kindergarten is the best grade ever.  He will make lots of new friends and learn lots of new skills.  But he will also learn new bad words and habits.  He will come home with new germs and new sicknesses.  He will learn that the world is not exactly as nice as he thought it was and not every one will love him like his family does.  This is hard for me.  I don't want his little bubble popped, but I know I can't keep him in it forever. 

This is a hard time for me.  I have to let him go sometime, but I just don't know if I'm really ready yet.  He's ready, but I am still working on it.  I do plan to be there for him every step of the way though.  I want to be available to go on those school field trips and help the teacher with class parties.  I will be dropping him off and picking him up from school every day.  I will get to know his teacher and do everything I can to help myself through this new season.

The season of having a school age child will be one that has many changes, but I will greet each one as it comes.  For now I will do my best with Kindergarten.  I look at this to be another first in his scrap book of life.  His first time to go to school and his first time to enter life without Mommy holding his had all day long.

Now Mommy needs to watch from a distance and remember to leave him in God's hands!

0 comments:

Post a Comment