June 15, 2011

Hot! Hot! Hot!

It has been so hot here!  We are hitting 100 every day.  Plus we are getting no rain! 

That's not a good combination for us.  Our pretty green lawn is turning a crunchy brown and dust has taken over everything.  The worst part is my garden.  It's not doing too good.  I have a few things still alive, but everything is growing slow and staying small.  I am amazed I still have anything growing at all. 

Here are some of the few vegetables I have in my garden.


This is one of my cantaloupes.....


a baby watermelon (I had two others, but the heat got to them).....


here is a cucumber.....


some zucchini.....


my only banana pepper.....


some roma tomatoes....


and some bigger tomatoes.....


Everything else in my garden has been a casualty of the heat and lack of rain.  I water every day, but it's just not the same as the water from above.  I hope it rains soon or I may loose the little bit I have.  My green onions are doing good, but I think they will grown no matter what! LOL!

0 comments:

Post a Comment