June 9, 2011

My First Card & Beautiful Crocheted Baby Blankets!

I am a semi-crafty person, but never felt the need to make cards.  I have made lots of other paper crafts.  I have scrapbooked for years, but cards just didn't make me feel crafty. 

All that changed when I started seeing all the fun my friend Bernie was having with her cards.  She started making cards and they where great.  I was blown away with how creative she could be with each card.  She traded them and  mailed them to friends and family.  I felt so special when I was mailed one too. 

I had the opportunity to make my first card for a friend's baby shower.  I thought to myself "how can I make her feel special to?".  I crocheted her a beautiful baby blanket (at least I think it was beautiful) and thought that a handmade card would be the perfect thing to go with it.

I got out a piece of card stock,some of my paper, and some stickers from my scrapbooking collection to get me started.  Here is how it turned out.




I also had a stamp that Bernie and her Mr. made for me that I crafted into the interior of my card.   (I won the stamp from a giveaway she had on her blog.  Yaaay!  Go me)  I couldn't believe how nice it came out.  I was expecting it to look a little more "homemade".  Kind of like a 5 year old did it, but it looks more like a 10 year old did it.  And I am more than happy with it.

Here is a picture of the baby blanket I made.  I think it is the prettiest one I made so far.  I liked it so much that I made a second one just like it.  I also made one in pink and purple.  Those two I will try to sell.  I don't know if anyone will really pay for my work (so far I have only given then away as gifts), but I will try.




I have a lot more crafty things to show you soon.  I have been a busy bee!  If you have some crafty things to show, let me know.  I love looking at new crafts that get me inspired!

0 comments:

Post a Comment