February 14, 2010

Quotable Sunday-Marriage

Today I decided to do quotes about marriage. Today is Valentines day and I can only think about how much I love my Husband. We have a great marriage filled with love.


We don't do a big Valentines Day thing, with a fancy dinner and flowers and candy. Today we are going to give our little boy some candy, a toy, and lots of love. I am cooking a roast (our family's favorite dinner) and we will spend the day at home together!


Now to the quotes!


What a happy and holy fashion it is that those who love one another should rest on the same pillow. ~Nathaniel Hawthorne


Chains do not hold a marriage together. It is threads, hundreds of tiny threads which sew people together through the years. ~Simone Signoret


Success in marriage does not come merely through finding the right mate, but through being the right mate. ~Barnett R. Brickner


A successful marriage requires falling in love many times, always with the same person. ~Mignon McLaughlin, The Second Neurotic's Notebook, 1966


In a time when nothing is more certain than change, the commitment of two people to one another has become difficult and rare. Yet, by its scarcity, the beauty and value of this exchange have only been enhanced. ~Robert Sexton


And my personal favorite...


There is no such cozy combination as man and wife. ~Menander


Happy Valentines Day!


For more quotes or to add your own visit Toni at A Daily Dose of Toni and link up with the rest of us quote crazy people:)

1 comment:

  1. Happy Valentine's day to you and your wonderful family! Love your quotes on marriage, my husband and I have been married for 39 years in Aug! I highly recommend it!

    ReplyDelete