January 5, 2011

Thankful Thursday


Thankful Thursday this month is hosted by Lynn over at Spiritually Unequal Marriage.  Head on over and link up, and share what you are thankful for today!

Lynn made her post this week about fresh beginnings or fresh starts.  I think I will join her today.  As I think of all the things that happened in 2010 that I am thankful for, the list gets longer and longer.  So, to make this post shorter and save you some time, I will only list a few here.

1.  My Hubby was found to have high blood pressure and is now on meds that seem to help a lot.  I am so thankful this was found when it was.  If not, no telling what could have happened.  I don't even want to think about loosing my soul mate so soon in life.  Now we know about his high blood pressure and are changing how we live. 

2.  We had no visits to the Hospital this year.  We are healthy and doing well.

3.  Our family is growing!  We have more babies to love and old friends back in our lives.  Some old friends we haven't seen in a long time have come to visit us in 2010!

4.  God has blessed us with another year of watching our son grow up bigger, healthier, and older.  I can only hope He gives us many more!

5.  We still have electricity, water, food, and a house to live in.  Our credit cards took a hard hit this year, but we still made it through!  Best of all, Hubby has a good job.  So many others don't have some or any of these things.  I know we are truly blessed!

6.  I have become closer to God than I have ever been.  I have even heard His calling and now teach Children's Church!  I have a lot more understanding and love than I have ever had, and can't wait to become the Woman God wants me to be.  I am on the right track and want to say thank you to all of you who have helped me along the way!  You may not have even realized it, but my bloggy friends have helped a lot!

I pray that 2011 will bring more great things!  For now I will be taking it one day at a time, and trying my best.  I can't wait to see what this year will be like.  That may mean I will be one year older this year, but it also means I will have one more year to enjoy life and all that it brings with it!

11 comments:

  1. What a great list of thankfulness! We all have so much to be thankful for that our lists could go on and on... thanks for sharing!

    Blessings!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So many blessings! Just think what the new year has instore....

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hope your 2011 is filled with new blessings! Thanks for sharing your thankful heart!
    Bethany

    ReplyDelete
  4. Stopping by for TT. Being 1 year older truly is a good thing, grey hair and all! lol. And sounds like you are well on your way to becoming God's woman, 1 day at a time. blessings, k

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love how you think. I guess I never would have thought that no hospital visits was a blessing. However, I can see if you need to go where it would be.
    Really, all wonderful things. Good for you for teaching the kiddies at church. That must be fun.

    ReplyDelete
  6. you have lots to be thankful for, hoping also for a brighter 2011, i know the best is yet to come.

    Blessings
    Jhunnelle

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a lovely, joyful list! HBP can be so scary, but I'm glad it's under control, and you can breathe easier.

    Happy TT!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Isn't it wonderful to look back at the last year and to count your blessings? God does so much in our lives each day, doesn't he?

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wonderful list. I'm always amazed at how blessed I really am. Sometimes I don't notice it until I do as you did ... look back. Have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I have become closer to God than I have ever been. ...

    Number six just thrilled my heart. Another year with much ahead. I can't wait. It's going to be a wonderful year in service to our King. Hugging you. Lynn

    ReplyDelete
  11. So many wonderful things to be thankful for!! So good to see and hear about God working wonderful things in the lives of fellow believers, even if circumstances DON'T necessarily change much. Wonderful post!! All the best this new year!

    ReplyDelete