October 5, 2010

Goodbye Flip Flops! I Will Miss You!!!

flip-flops Pictures, Images and Photos


Goodbyes are always hard.  Seasons change and the weather changes with it.  My flip flops are my must have item in the summer.  I like my toes to be painted and my feet to feel free without going totally barefoot.  I have outside flip flops and inside flip flops.  Needless to say I love my flip flops.

It's just as hard to say goodbye to summer.  Summer is sunshine, plastic swimming pools, tomatoes growing on the vine, shorts, and big fans.  Even though I will miss Summer I know it will be back.  Just like my flip flops.  They will be waiting in my closet for next year.  But, the season of my life I am in right now will be gone forever.

This season of being 20 something and having a pre-school.  The season of needing to work hard to pay the house and truck note.  The season of trying to save for retirement.  All this in this season I will miss.  I say goodbye to it knowing that the season to come will hopefully bring so much more.  I am looking forward to my 30s and homework.  I am looking forward to having our house and truck paid off.  And, I am looking forward to having money saved in the bank.  None of these are guaranteed to me, but I sure hope I get to see them all, as well as much more!

So goodbye my beloved flip flops.  I will miss you until next season!

1 comment:

  1. I love the changing seasons, it really does make you think of starting fresh! Fall is my favourite, but I'll miss the flip flops too

    ReplyDelete