February 17, 2011

Thankful Thursday


Today Thankful Thursday is hosted by Laurie at Women Taking A Stand.  If you would like to join us, hop on over and link up.  Don't forget, you can always leave what you are thankful for here in my comment section also.

This week Valentines Day was celebrated and then forgotten.  Leading up to Valentines Day the stores had a ton of chocolate hearts and roses in stock.  Every where you looked you could see heart shaped balloons, but I happened to go to the store the day after Valentines Day and noticed every one of those boxes of chocolates and heart shaped balloons on sale!  The store had cleared the holiday isle to start putting up Easter baskets and plastic eggs.  They started putting out the chocolate rabbits in place of the chocolate hearts.  Valentines Day was over and then forgotten.

In my house Valentines Day means very little.  We love each other on a daily basis.  We don't have to put one day aside a year to show how much we care.  We didn't go out to eat,  there where not heart shaped balloons, and no running around to find a baby sitter.  Hubby happened to be off and we spent the day together as a family.  I did cook a good roast and gave Will and Hubby handmade cards with boxes of chocolate.  This was my way of teaching Will about the holiday and having a craft to do together.  We made cards together!  Hubby loves those little chocolates filled with orange and strawberry.  You can only get them at Valentines Day in those heart shaped boxes.  We did go and try to see how much they discounted those same boxes the next day.  It was just our luck they where all gone though. LOL!  They may be Hubby's favorite holiday candies.

Other than that, we had a family filled day.  We stayed home and spent time together.  We had friends and family stop by through out the day.  It was a very nice Valentines Day indeed.  What I am trying to say here is that I am very thankful that our family doesn't need one day a year to show our love for one another.  Every day is a day like that in our home.  One any given day you can see Hubby come home with some candy and my roses grow very nicely with my love and care in the yard.  Our love is a gift from God and we celebrate it through the year!  He has given us to each other and in His plan for us our love grew.  That is what I am thankful for!

3 comments:

  1. Amen! I'm totally with you on this. WE need to love each other every day-- what a blessing to have love like that!

    ReplyDelete
  2. A good reminder that we are to love each other daily, not once or twice a year. I love roses but they don't always grow well for me. My husband brought me home a couple last week and they're still in the vase. Have a wonderful week!

    ReplyDelete
  3. That sounds like a wonderful Valentines day!

    ReplyDelete