February 22, 2011

Why Are My Pants Yelling At Me?

That's right! I am on a new journey.  If you have been following along with my blog for a while, then you know that over a year ago, I decided I needed to go on a new journey.  A spiritual journey to become closer to Jesus.  This journey has been an amazing one.  One that I will consider myself forever on until the day I come face to face with God.  I am closer to Him than I have ever been before!

Now I am adding a new journey to my life.  I have recently felt like my pants where yelling at me!  Every time I put them on they yell "Loose some wight fatty!  Then maybe you'll be able to breath better in us!".  So, I decided to do something about it.  I have tried the diet thing and....well, I like food.  I want to be able to eat food I like.  I know I will have to eat smaller portions and all that, but I don't want to give up all the foods I love.  (Yes, I know the cake and cookies have to be VERY limited!)

I have heard great things from the P90X workout DVD.  I also heard how hard it is!!!!  Never the less, I decided to give it a try.  I started the workout on February 17.  I took down my measurements so that I can see if I really do get results.  (I don't own a scale, so couldn't write down my weight.)




With this program I do a different workout every day.  One the first day I did Chest and Back.  My arms felt like jello after that.  On the second day I did Poymetrics.  That was so far the hardest work out yet!  I only got past what they call the "warm up".  Let me tell you!!!! The warm up is half the video which is over an hour long.  I decided to pace myself.  I don't want to get sick or hurt myself or anything! Right!!!! (Plus I could  hardly walk after the "warm up".)  Ok, so the third day I got to do shoulders and arms.  That one was ok.  Yesterday I did the yoga one.  I didn't like it as much until the end.  The moves they did then was more like the palates I have done in the past.  Of course it didn't help any that yoga was suppose to be calming and quite, while my child was running, chasing the dog, yelling "Mommmm" and destroying half the house the entire time!  Today I did Legs and Back.  That one is ok too.  It defiantly helped to stretch out the muscles that still hurt from the first day!

All in all, I don't think it's that bad.  I didn't quite keep up with the instructor, but I forgive myself.  It's only my first week.  I have to do this for 13 weeks strait.  By the end I should be right on with the instructor and his people on the DVD.  I also think I need heavier weights.  I have been using 2 lbs and I think I need 5 lbs.  I will be getting some soon.  (They use 10 to 25 lb ones in the dvd! They are crazy fit though!)  I also don't do the pull ups they do.  I don't have a pull up bar in my living room!  Did they really think I would?!?!  I sound like such a slacker, but my acking muscles tell me a different story!

So, do you think I will keep on track?  Ok have some faith in me people!!!  Tell me what you think of this P90X?  What do you do to stay fit?  Does anyone want to come and do this with me? PLEASE!!!!! LOL!

4 comments:

  1. Perfect timing on this post! I just started researching P90X as my hubs and I have been thinking of exercising together for a while. We've done some workout dvd's in the past, but this sounds INTENSE! Someone else just mentioned to me P90 (without the X) which is a little easier/simpler and made more for people who don't exercise regularly. Haha :) I think I'll check it out too. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Kathryn, this workout is intense! I would have liked to start out with the P90 (without the X), but I was given this one at a really good price from a firend. I have to admit that I don't follow the suggestions on the diet. I try to eat better, but don't go out and make myself a differnt dinner than the rest of my family. (I'm to frugal for that!) Do your resurch and if you have any questions, please ask! I am happy to help!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Way to go Josh.. I'm proud, wish I was closer and I would be there right with you....Good luck keep up the good work.......The part about Will was too cute.

    ReplyDelete
  4. You go girl! Its scary when the pants start to yell. I usually just shut mine up with cookies.

    Seriously, good for you. Over time it will get easier and better.

    ReplyDelete