March 23, 2010

Blessed!

Isn't it amazing when you view your life through someone else's eyes. I always knew we where blessed to have the things we have. Every day I thank God for blessing us with our health, our home, Hubby's job, and a close family. I also thank him for the struggles with our finances so that I can better appreciate each dollar we have. I also thank him for carrying us through all the hard times. But, not until we had a visit form one of Hubby's uncles this weekend did I look at all we have through someone else's eyes.

He has a kind of gypsy sole. He travels mostly by walking from one state to another, for as long as I have know of him. He does odd jobs here and there to make some money as he goes. He never graduated high school and can't even remember what grade he was in when he dropped out. He has no wife or children and none of his brothers or sisters want him (including Hubby's Mom). He has been known for some bad things he has done in the past, but is now back here because he has bad health and the doctors gave him 3 years to live about 2 years ago.

His story puts a lump in your thought as you think of your own life. He had a girlfriend when he got the news about his health. So, he stayed with her. Not long ago she found out she had brain cancer and six months later died. He decided to come home and emptied his bank account and made it from Road Island to some place in Florida. Then walked the rest of the way to Louisiana not knowing if anyone he knew in our town was even still here.

After meeting him for the second time in my life and hearing his story I was reminded of a verse I had read not but a few days before during my bible time.

"Give, and gifts will be given to you; good measure, pressed down, shaken together, and running over, will they pour into your lap. For with the measure with which you measure will in return be measured out to you."Luke 6:38

I have taken some time to think about this. I have decided to pray for him and if there is anything I find that I can do in the future I will do my best to help him. I will still be on my guard though. I don't know him to well and don't want to judge him, but I will still pray all the while.

As for what I learned about how blessed I truly am is beyond measurable. My eyes have been opened a little more to all the wonders God has given me. Every time I look at my home, my family, my car, my food in my pantry, or my whatever it is to make my life a little easier, I will thank God for each one. Don't get me wrong. We have worked and saved and still owe on so much, but it is only by God's grace that we have what we have. We do not go hungry no matter how it may seam when I figure out our grocery money for the week. We do not freeze in winter or get wet in summer rain because of our house, no matter that it's not a two story Victorian style mansion. We are so blessed! Thank You God!!!!!!!!

0 comments:

Post a Comment