March 17, 2010

Our New Pet is.....






As I promised I am letting everyone see our new pet!





  • Did we get a fish? No. For some reason they just don't live all that long at our house.

  • Did we get a Pig? No. Hubby didn't like that idea as much as I did. What do I know. The only pig I ever had was outside and we later butchered it. I've never even seen a potbellied pig.


  • Did we get a bird? No. They are way to loud for me and the ones I have been around bite!


  • Did we get a cat? No. Hubby said no more cats. He didn't get along with my cat very well.


  • Did we get a hamster? No! I don't need rats in my house! That goes for snakes too!!!!


  • Did we get a dog?



Yes, we got a dog!!! If you know us that was not a hard decision. Hubby has wanted a dog for some time. I have been the hesitant one. I am not much of a pet person. I like my own and very few others. I don't know why. I was always that way. It could have something to do with a friends bird attacking me, or dogs I have seen attacking small children. Plus animals smell. I am a little OCD about my home being clean and smelling....well not like animals! So, you can imagine what I have been going through the last few days. I also didn't want to potty train a pup in the winter time.



This is why I haven't been posting. I have been trying not to loos my mind about potty training and shedding. Thank goodness she doesn't smell as bad as most dogs (unless she's wet).



She is a female (which we intend to have her fixed very soon) that is half basset hound and half beagle. She is so good. I prayed so hard. I worried a lot too, but she is not high strung at all and she doesn't chew up any thing. I was worried about all Will's toys, but she hasn't even noticed them. She is as sweet as pie. We tested her with about 4 kids from 1 to 3 years old. She did spectacular. She let them jump on her, pull her around, lay on her, and she only looked at them like...why are you doing this to me? The only problem now is Will. He is so ruff with her. I have to fuss him for hitting her and squeezing her. He is the one I worry about hurting her. She just takes it.



We don't know how old she is exactly. We are guessing she is under a year. She has that puppy look to her still. We know she is not full grown. As far as we know she has not had her shots either. We are planing that soon. First I wanted her to get her stomach right. They where feeding her half scraps and half dog food. Now she is on all dog food. We got her from a lady who volunteers for the humane society. She said an older lady had her and her husband had a hart attack. She couldn't look after the dog anymore and take care of her husband. They gave her to the lady we got her from. She put the dog in the paper where I found her. They didn't want any money for her because she was about to be brought to the pound and put to sleep. We saved her! (I feel the tears swelling up. Yes I am already attached!) I will be bring donations to the lady who works for the humane society though. She resales things that people donate for the cost to keep the animals. She had a garage full of doves, a horse, some dogs, and 9 cats with three that were pregnant.



Our new dog didn't have a name, so we decided to name her Charlot. That was the name of the lady who's husband had the hart attack. As soon as we herd her name we liked it. So, Charlot our new dog became. Here are a few pictures of her. She is so pretty and soft. I will tell you all more about her in time to come I'm sure.











2 comments:

  1. She is just darling! I'm glad she seems so good natured, I am sure you all will enjoy her!

    ReplyDelete