December 8, 2010

The End Of My Garden

This year was the first year I had a REAL garden.  As some of you read earlier in the year (on our anniversary) Hubby had someone come over with a tractor and get the ground ready for me to have my very own garden.  It was such a big surprise! 

I planted a ton of tomatoes, cucumbers, peppers, corn, zucchini, and some pumpkins!  Last week I picked the only two pumpkins that grew.  I babies those pumpkins and lovingly watered and turned them every day.  I am so proud of my little pumpkins.  Here is a picture for you all to see my fist pumpkins I have ever grown!



After getting them in the house and washing them good, I decided to make pumpkin puree.  I looked up how to make it on the Food Network site.  Alton Brown is a master at things like this!  I made my pumpkin puree and it is now safely in my freezer.  Soon I will be making pumpkin pie and pumpkin bread!  I can't wait!

3 comments:

  1. Awww they are cute!! I'm sure that you will enjoy making things with them. My friend, Michele is really big about using all her own pumpkins as well. Did you save the seeds so you can replant them next year?
    Mr. Bernie thinks Alton Brown is a God.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congratulations! That is so fun! We had a... um... "garden" this year too. We only grew lettuce, strawberries, and flowers, but it was a lot of fun! I'd love to do more next year and have a dedicated, plowed spot.

    ~Carla

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow...I want to grow our own once we get to the county. I love everything pumpkin and also have a wonderful recipe to make...it's delicious:)

    ReplyDelete