December 2, 2010

Thankful Thursday


Thankful Thursday is hosted this month by Iris over at Grace Alone.  Go on over and link up with us and share what you are thankful for today!

Have you ever had those days where you just don't get anything done.  When your head hurts and your child and dog do what ever they can to intensify your pain, or at lest that's how it seams.  Well, yesterday was one of those days for me.  All I wanted was some quite time.  I think in the end I made more noise fussing them than they made to start with.

This morning I woke up to see my little boy with a stoped up nose and knew his allergies had gotten the best of him.  While I sat on the couch holding my 43 pound baby on my lap I realized, this is what family is all about.  Noise, allergies, and all.  The fact that we have a warm house and a big couch that I can hold my baby on is amazing at times to me.  Don't get me wrong, we have our share of financial struggles, but that moment made it all worth it.  All the noise and headache from the day before was forgotten when I saw my little boy feeling bad. 

My point is that this is my family! A family I wouldn't trade for the world.  A family God gave to me.  No matter how much we struggle or how much I wish my Husband could be home on Thanksgiving, instead of working so that we can pay the electric bill this month.  I love and need my family.  I would keep my headache  forever if it meant I could keep my family just as it is.  Filled with love!  That's what I am thankful for today.  What are you thankful for?

2 comments:

  1. I so agree, Joshlin! Family and having a place to live together is the main thing! God bless you and I hope your baby breathes better soon.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Isn't it amazing how our little ones immediately bring everything back into focus.
    Even though they stress me out at times, I wouldn't trade my family either. I hope your son is feeling better soon.

    ReplyDelete