November 28, 2009

The Christmas Spirit

What is the Christmas Spirit?

I found myself asking this question to my hubby yesterday evening. It seems that the world has forgotten the meaning of Christmas! So, does the Christmas spirit mean gift buying, giving, and getting? That's what I would think if I didn't know any better.

I was blessed to have my hubby home for Thanksgiving. That was one of the many things I am thankful for. Then he told me that his boss said he could have another day off, but he had to choose between Friday, Saturday, and Sunday. He chose Friday! This meant I could go shopping and he would spend all day with Will bonding and doing MAN stuff!

They had nothing in the Black Friday papers that was a have to have item for us. They did have a few things that we would like to have and get as gifts. One thing I didn't see, but wanted was a new nativity scene. I have one made of lead crystal. It is small and getting old. The color is not very clear and I have a hard time deciding which person is which in it. This year I wanted to find one that I could pass down through generations.

I was a little bummed that I didn't find one, but what bothered me the most was that I didn't see the first nativity scene in any of the stores that I went to. In some stores I didn't really look, but once I got home and discussed it with my hubby I came to the realization that I didn't see anything that really showed the meaning of Christmas. I didn't see anything with Jesus's name on it or anything that said God on it!!!

I didn't even see Merry Christmas that much. I saw a lot of Happy Holidays and stuff like that, but no Merry Christmas. So, do people not celebrate Jesus's birth anymore? I know I do and a lot of others do, but the majority must not!

I don't know how to explain this to my 3 year old, but we do try! At the moment he is more worried about Santa seeing him be bad than God seeing him. He is only 3 though. I hope all the other children have someone out there to teach them. Will is going to worry about Santa because he is 3. I worry about God and thought that most adults did. I don't know this makes my head and heart both hurt.

So please add a spacial prayer for all those children. That they learn the real meaning of Christmas and as they grow and begin to worry more about doing good for God and not Santa. May God Bless us all! If you found the Real Christmas Spirit while shopping pleas let me know. This way I know someone found it!

0 comments:

Post a Comment