November 12, 2009

Thankful Thursday-Sippy Cups








Today I am so thankful for sippy cups.



That's right sippy cups. I don't know how moms did it before the sippy cup. My son spills a small cup with a few ounces of water in it. I could see myself putting him in a big tub at meal times just to keep the mess under control. The summer would be easier. He could just drink outside in the grass. He would just be a sticky mess to clean up.



And the car!!! I don't know how I would handle that. When I am driving and can't give him his sippy cup he screams until I pull over. Now he just keeps it in his car seat with him. I know he is 3 and shouldn't be on a sippy cup anymore. I am trying. That may be why I made this post.



It is harder than I thought to get him off it. I tried sports bottles, but he can't pull the top up himself. Then he leaves it open and it spills on everything. A cup with a straw is just as bad. You should see him with a regular cup at mealtimes. He swirls his spoon in it with food on the spoon. Gross!! Maybe it's a boy thing. I haven't pushed him because he did everything else early and easily. Like walking, talking, and potty training!



So at the moment I am thankful for all the use I got o

ut of those sippy cups. Who ever invented them, I hope you are a millionaire. You deserve it!



To add what you are thankful for link up to Saving Sherry, and see what everyone else is thankful for too. I am sure they have something better to be thankful for than silly sippy cups:)

1 comment: