August 12, 2009

Bumpers

I am a constant complainer when it comes to my son growing up. I loved having a baby. He was a big baby, ( I have been know to say I had a toddler and not a baby) but he is still my baby. His baby bed is a 4-in-1 convertible bed. He has been sleeping in it as a toddler bed for some time now. I have the same bedding on it that has been on it since before he was born. That includes the crib bumpers.


My son is one of those babies that did not sleep. He took 30 min. to 1 hr. long naps all day and night. For the first year of his life I was on of those moms who got no sleep. He would sleep for his 30 min. to 1 hr. and be awake for 2 hrs. I sleep 10 to 20 min. here and there. Yes! It was that bad. He still is not much of a sleeper. at 18 days short of this 3rd birthday now he takes one nap in the day time. (This is a must or I have a very uncooperative kid by dinner time.) And at night he usually wakes up 2 to 3 times a night.


I figured he was getting a bit older and may not need the bumpers on his bed any more. I just had them on it to make me feel better. I have gotten rid of almost all his baby stuff so far and, his crib set is one of my last things left. Especially since he sleeps with his Bob The Builder pillow case and blanket now. So, I took his bumper of to wash it and just did not put it back on.


It took me 2 weeks of very little sleep at night to realize he needed the bumpers on his bed just as much as I needed to see them there. I didn't know he liked to push against them when he slept. It was much softer than pushing on the bars of the crib side. He lets his favorite stuffed animals sleep closer to the open side of his bed.


I was never so happy to put my baby his bumpers back on his bed. Now we are back to only waking up 2 or 3 times a night. I can't wait till he sleeps all night! I only wonder when that will be. Maybe by the time he is in school. I can dream can't I!





This is his crib set. You can't see the bed skirt but, other than that this is how it looks. I love it. I picked it out though so that my be why I like it so much.

0 comments:

Post a Comment