August 26, 2009

Nothing New

I have nothing really new to tell you all about. Today started as any other day. I had a WIC appointment at 10.45 am in a town 20 miles or so away. That was a long day in itself. I get there at 10:25 and don't get done until 12:10. So what do I do all that time? I sit and wait. You wait in one room for about 30 or so minutes and then fill out a paper about what you kid eats and drinks. Then you sit in a different room until they call your name. Then you let them measure and weigh him. ( Will is now 3 feet 2 1/2 inches tall and 34 lb. He is in the top 76% of kids his age.) Then you wait. They call you in for a meeting with the nurse so the can tell you your kids growing normal. You wait back in the waiting room again until you are called to get your vouchers, then get to leave. Don't get me wrong, I am not complaining at all. I need all the help I get. It is just a long process. You would think it would be a little more organized time wise. Not many of the kids can sit still this long and not give any trouble.

When I was working, we made a good 80 thousand a year. Now that we had a child and I stay home that has gone down dramatically. We are lucky to make 2 thousand a month. And that is a lot considering only one of us works. We always took it for granted when we both worked. I had a good job that payed well and my hubby did too. He even worked a lot of overtime. Now that is all different. I don't work and his job took a hit with the economy. He now has a different job. This one will be better the longer he is there.

Now Will gets WIC and Medicaid. We could not make it without this. We talked about me going back to work, but everything is different now. The economy is crazy. For me to go back to work I would need to make more than I was. Which is not going to happen. Gas and day care would just eat up my check. So why go to work just to pay someone else to watch my child. I don't think so.

Now back to my day. We ate at Burger King (this was not planed, but I did have a coupon for a 99 cent kids meal with a purchase of a value meal thanks to the Sunday paper. My total for lunch was $5.10!) and then came home. We got home just before it rained. Thank you God!!! The weather report on the radio told of hail and such in the neighboring parish. I am sure it is on its way here. On that note I will get off the computer and shut it down because of the weather. Yes, I do have a good power cord, but why take chances.

1 comment:

  1. I'm hearing ya on the WIC appointment process! It is really difficult for my son to wait (he has Autism) especially when you go back and forth like that. Definitely not complaining-he was on Pediasure for 2 years and there is no way we could manage that without WIC!!

    Lisa @
    All That and a Box of Rocks

    ReplyDelete