August 21, 2009

One day a week



I have been thinking that I need to take one day a week and just do a post about a great blog I found or a great item I have run across. This would give others a chance to see a new site, and me a day to just stay away from the computer, and more time with my son.

Yesterday would have been a good day to start, but my computer did not agree. I set my alarm for earlier than I usually get up because I had plans for the day. I would not be home to do all my computer stuff as usual. Well, my alarm did not go off (because I set it to the time I wanted and set the volume just right but then didn't actually set it) and I was rushing to get out the house. Then on top of that my computer told me that it wanted to take a break and just run a virus scan and that was all. So, no Internet time for me that morning. It is a good thing I had printed my coupons for the day the night before.



I had a shopping trip planed with my Nanny. We started out going to the town 50 or so miles away to shop for baby shower ideas. Then we went to a town about 25 or so miles form that for more shopping. My little man was so wore out. He is not use to that much shopping. We had a great time and found lots of stuff and ideas, but we were ready to be home.

When I got home I had to rush to start dinner. I didn't even know what I was going to cook until I got there. That meant defrosting meat and all. This did go quick though. I fried some chicken breast that I cut into chunks. Will and I eat them just as chicken nuggets, but my hubby likes to cover them in his fav wing sauce ( Louisiana Wildly Wicked Wing Sauce ). That is too much for me. I am not a fan of wing sauce. But, I make this especially for him.

After we ate dinner we had to get back in the truck and drive to another town about 20 miles away to go and get his new blood presser meds. Will was not happy about another shopping trip, but this one was a must. He really needed that medication. I hope this one works the correct way. His last one was way to strong and he almost passed out at work. It really scared us.

The day's shopping trip was not wasted though. I finally broke down and bought a purse. I have been looking for one for a long time, but just couldn't find one I liked. This one was on sale and I finally committed. It is a little more old lady looking than I wanted, but I just don't have the funds for a really trendy one or a name brand on that I wanted. I just love those Kathy Van Zeeland purses.



I also got hubby a pair of pants for get this $5.00 and 3 t-shirts for $3.00 a piece. Not to shabby if I do say so myself. Oh my purse was $10.00. That was an ok price. It is not that fabulous anyway.

0 comments:

Post a Comment