August 27, 2009

Saving Money Feels Great!

I went to my local grocery store (Market Basket) with their sale paper in hand and coupons in my purse. My total when I checked out was $67.01 before the sale prices and coupons where applied. What I paid out of pocket was $40.10. My total saving was $26.91. I left with a great feeling and lots of groceries. I got 2 packs of Tyson chicken legs, a pack of sirloin boneless pork chops, a 5 lb bag of potatoes, a pack of bologna, 5 cans of corn, 6 Yoplait yogurt cups, a can of Betty Crocker cake frosting, a 40 oz bottle of Hinze ketchup, a 20 oz bottle of French's mustard, 3 large yellow onions, a box of Chips Ahoy cookies, a box of Red Diamond tea bags, 2 5lb bags of sugar, 2 gallons of Hawaiian Punch, a 12 pack of Coca-Cola, and a 12 pack of Dr. Pepper.

Wow, I didn't realize how much I had. Market Basket has good sales time to time. Plus they double any coupon 50 cents or under. I needed more groceries than this but, I will get them later at Walmart. Some things are cheaper there because they can get things in bulk or put their own brand out.

I just wanted to share this feeling for a minute. Thanks for listening.

0 comments:

Post a Comment