January 5, 2010

The Newest Blanket



As most of you know I love to crochet. I consider myself still a beginner, but I am learning fast. I like to try different patterns and even just make my own with new stitches I learned.




For Christmas my Hubby wanted me to crochet a blanket for his Dad. He wanted me to make it camouflage and big. Really big. It took me two months and it ended up taller than me. I am 5 foot 2 inches. This blanket was at least 5 feet 9 inches. (I didn't really measure it. I am just guesstimating.) It was huge. Not only was it long, but it was wide too. I could have used it as a queen size blanket on the bed. Hubby's Dad is a big man though, so it worked out perfect for him.




The new thing I did with this blanket is, while I crocheted I prayed. I said at least one prayer for each row. Let me tell you that was a lot of praying. I did most rows with around 4 different prayers.




I thought I would be relieved when it was done, but I miss it. I really do. So yesterday I went out and got more yarn and am now working on a baby blanket for a friend who will go in to have her baby girl Thursday. I plan to keep up with praying per row. Most of my praying will be for this miracle baby. You see, my friend had to be put in the hospital a few months ago because her water broke early. After she was in the hospital and hooked up to all kinds of machines the doctors left. When they came back later to check on her, her body healed itself and the fluid filled right back up. That is truly a miracle. The doctors are still baffled, but we know that prayer does a lot. She has truly been blessed and I will continue to pray for a healthy little girl to be born into the world soon.



0 comments:

Post a Comment