January 20, 2010

Not As Much Fun as I Thought!


I found a great thing for me and Will to do kind of as an arts and craft project with the bonus of getting to eat it. It is something I have ALWAYS wanted to do and never got to. For Christmas this year it just wasn't in the budget. But now that all the Christmas stuff is on sale so was this. This is what it was (and still is).


A Gingerbread House!




I found this and thought GREAT! This will be so much fun and Will is going to love it!.....

It is not going so well, and is not that much fun yet! We started on this last night. I didn't know it took one hour to set after you put the walls up, then took three to four hours to set after the roof was on. Picture a 3 year old so excited he is jumping out of his skin to start and then has to sit and wait:( So not fun!!! Finally I told him we would finish tomorrow with the fun part (decorations). But, I caved and we decorated it as soon as I thought it wouldn't fall down under our creative hands. LOL!


Yes, I know what you are all thinking, It will most likely be stale. I just don't care. I always wanted to do a gingerbread house and never got to. So we are singing jingle bells and doing one now. Don't let your Christmas Spirit go just because December 25th has passed. Remember to celebrate Jesus every day!!!


My lesson learned. Don't start one in the evening! Here are a few pictures of what it looks like from start to finish.














It is beautiful if I do say so my self. And I do! It looks like two 3 year olds did it and not one 3 year old and one 28 year old:)


By the way, I only paid $2.99 for it. It was worth that at least.

1 comment:

  1. This is the same kit that Hubby did with the kids...not sure how he got the walls and everything to stand up -- but they got it done in about an hour...but then again...we only needed it to hold together for like 5 min-- enough time to get a pic then my boys demolished it! :) It looks beautiful!!

    ReplyDelete