January 1, 2010

Resolutions....

First off...HAPPY NEW YEAR!!!!


Now ...resolutions are one of those nasty words that I don't use very often. I don't like resolutions because I feel like I would be setting myself up for failure. Why make a resolution at the end of one year for the beginning of another. Isn't that bringing bad thoughts over into a so far clean new year?

When I find I need to change things in my life, I decide to change them then and there. Why wait? What's the point? If I feel the need to loose weight, which I do, I do something about it as soon as possible. I have not really yet, but that is because as much as I would like to be smaller, I don't want to give up those great foods I love. When I am really really ready I will do it then! Not on January 1, 2010. That day will be the day I cook a great roast with homemade bread and whatever else I decide to make with it that day. I will not cook all that great food then not eat it!

I have made changes in my life through out 2009. Most have been successful. Some, I am still working on. Do you make resolutions at the end of the year? How well do you usually reach those goals you set for yourself? Let me know. I really would like to know if making resolutions for a new year works for others!

2 comments:

  1. Mine are usually the same...lose some weight, clean house more and more family time. I think of them more like goals and then they don't seem so much like resolutions. :) Happy New Year!

    ReplyDelete
  2. My resolutions are lose weight and make some improvements to the house.

    Happy New Year.

    ReplyDelete