September 30, 2009

What is it?




Can you guess what this is? It took me forever. I still didn't get it.

Will loves playing with Play-Doh. He gets so creative sometimes. He has recently learned to make balls that actually look like balls, so this is what I expected to see when he asked me to look at what he made. This is what I got.





He finally decided to tell me it was an octupus holding a see shell. Did you get that? I still don't. That is a 3 year old for you. At least I know he has a great imagination.


I do have a recipe for homemade Play-Doh if you would like it. I have tried it and it is great. I don't use it because in Louisiana it seems to go bad super fast. The humidity and all I guess. This recipe is from our cousin Christina in Memphis. She uses it and loves it. It does great there.


Stove-Top Playdough


1 cup of white flour

1/4 cup salt

2 tbs cream of tarter

1 cup water

2 tsp veg. food coloring

1 tbs oil



Mix flour, salt, and cream of tarter in a medium pot. Add water,food coloring, and oil. Cook and stir over medium heat 3-5 min. ( I cook it longer) Mixture will look like a globby mess and you will be sure it's not turning out right, but it will. When it forms a ball in the center of the pot, turn out and kneed on a lightly floured surface. Store in an air-tight container or plastic bag. It is Edible but very salty. (so that the children usually only try it once!)


This recipe comes from Vicki Lansky's book Feed Me I'm Yours.



1 comment: