October 16, 2009

WICKED

WICKED The Life and Times of the Wicked Witch of the West

by Gregory Maguire.


This is a book I had been looking forward to reading for some time. I came upon a post at MBC form someone who said it was a must read book. I do like The Wizard of Oz, so this made me curious. I am a book lover and this struck my interest immediately.


It has some great reviews out there like...


"Wicked is an outstanding work of literary imagination."-USA Today


"Very close to being an instant classic....Maquire has hit a home run his first time at bat."-Memphis Commercial Appeal


"Gregory Maguire has taken this figure of childhood fantasy and given her a sensual and powerful nature that will stir adult hearts with fear and longing all over again."-Mew Orleans Times-Picayune


Well with all this said about it plus lots more made me just have to read it. Unfortunately It took quit a while to fined. Once it was in my hands I started to read.


At first I was not all that into it. It starts with her Mother and Father and continues from when she was born on. I pushed through. I knew I really needed the back round to understand the end. I was not disappointed.


From the middle to the end, this book was one that you just can't put down. I finished it two days ago and still, I fined myself thinking about it. I am very glad I read it and would recommend it to everyone who loves The Wizard of Oz.


Beware though, this book has adult content. It also may make you think of the characters all differently than you do at this moment.


I have one question for you. Who is really wicked here? To fined out read WICKED.


For a more info and an excerpt form this book and others by Gregory Maguire go here.


0 comments:

Post a Comment